PARKING UPDATE AT BURNBRAE PS
We kindly request you do not use the staff car park during the hours of 8:15am – 4:00pm. If you are parking in one of the two disabled bays please ensure your blue badge is on display.
We would also ask families not to park on the road directly outside the school as this can block the pedestrian crossing and causes issues for coach drivers.
|Please remember, the school car park is for staff only. For the safety of our children please park elsewhere.|
Here are some simple rules for when driving your child to school:
- Leave early enough to park where it won’t create a problem for other children.
- Drop your child off where they can safely walk a short distance to school. Some schools have designated pupil drop-off zones. Never leave your car in a drop-off zone.
- Only park in disabled parking spaces if either you or your child has a blue badge.
- Never park on school zig-zags. It blocks visibility for children and school crossing guides, and for other motorists seeing the children crossing.
- Never park on footpaths. It can force pedestrians onto the road. The Scottish Government is in the process of making it an offence to park on a footpath.
- Never park across a resident’s access/driveway.
- Never park across “dropped kerb” crossing points at junctions. It causes difficulty for prams and wheelchairs.
- Never park on yellow lines. They have been painted wherever parking can cause problems for other road users.
If you break any of these rules you are putting other children attending the school at risk. How would you feel if your child was at risk?