Could all families with a child starting P1 in August please ensure the office has a copy of your most recent email address? This will help us to provide you with relevant transition information.
- P1 Transition letter May 25th
- Top ten tips for parents and families
- Best Start Grant and Best Start Foods
- Free School Meals and Clothing Grants
- Midlothian Active Schools P1
- NEW – Friday 29th June 2020. Letter to all Parents and Carers from Fiona Robertson Executive Director Children, Young People & Partnerships
- NEW –Virtual tours of schools are now available. Open the map of Midlothian then select your high school catchment area to find your primary or secondary school tour.
- NEW 10th June – P1 Transition 10th June
Wednesday 17th June 2020
P1 transition visits will take place on Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd June at Burnbrae Primary. Individual times will be emailed to families as soon as possible.
During this visit, your child will get the opportunity to spend some time in school, meet their P1 Teacher and some of the other children who will be in their class. Nursery staff will be available to support with the visit.
We will operate within the Government guidelines of physical distancing and handwashing throughout the transition visit. Attendance at the transition visit can only be for those children who are well. Please do not send your child if he/she is unwell. We also understand that some families may be shielding or self-isolating and are unable to attend the transition visit.
Please continue to check the website for new information – https://burnbrae.mgfl.net/nursery-primary-one-transition-information/
Thank you for your patience during these challenging times.
Thursday 18th June 2020
Please check your email for individual visit times
Thursday 18th June 2020
Download – Everywhere Bear Family Pack
Burnbrae Bear Hunt
Can you spot the Everywhere Bear hiding in Bonnyrigg? 11 copies of the front cover of the book are hiding in the community! Here are some clues.
Thursday 18th June – The Bear Hunt Continues…
The Nursery team have been out and about in the community today hiding more bears. Let us know if you spot a bear when you go out for a walk!
Starting School Story List
Click on the links to listen to the stories –
- Mae’s first day of school, Kate Berube
- Whiffy Wilson the wolf who wouldn’t go to school, Caryl Hart
- The Colour Monster goes to school, Anna Llenas
- First Day at Bug School, Sam Lloyd
- Starting school, Janet and Allan Ahlberg
- How do Dinosaurs go to school?, Jane Yolen
- I am absolutely too small for school, Lauren Child
- Lucy and Tom go to school, Shirley Hughes
- Mouse’s first night at Moonlight school, Simon Puttock
- Bobbo goes to school, Shirley Hughes
- Going to school, Usborne First Experiences
- The Everywhere Bear, Julia Donaldson
- Don’t worry little crab, Chris Haughton
- Ruby’s Worry, Tom Percival
- Tough guys have feelings too, Keith Negley
- All the ways to be smart, Davina Bell