Here are some simple rules for when driving your child to school:
- Leave early enough to park where it won’t create a problem for other children.
- Drop your child off where they can safely walk a short distance to school. Some schools have designated pupil drop-off zones. Never leave your car in a drop-off zone.
- Only park in disabled parking spaces if either you or your child has a blue badge.
- Never park on school zig-zags. It blocks visibility for children and school crossing guides, and for other motorists seeing the children crossing.
- Never park on footpaths. It can force pedestrians onto the road. The Scottish Government is in the process of making it an offence to park on a footpath.
- Never park across a resident’s access/driveway.
- Never park across “dropped kerb” crossing points at junctions. It causes difficulty for prams and wheelchairs.
- Never park on yellow lines. They have been painted wherever parking can cause problems for other road users.
If you break any of these rules you are putting other children attending the school at risk. How would you feel if your child was at risk?
What is a reverse advent calendar?
Reverse advent calendars work by filling a box every day during December with with items of food that can then be taken to a food bank in order to help those less fortunate that are struggling at Christmas time.
What are we doing to help?
We are asking for your support to bring in food items in December to contribute to #FoodbankAdvent and all donations will be delivered to Midlothian Foodbank .
1st – Burnbrae Staff
4th – P1
5th – P2
6th – P3
7th – P4
8th – P5
11th – P6
12th – P7
13th – Nursery AM
14th – Nursery PM
The following dates are now on the events section of the school app:
w/b 13.11 Nursery World Rhyme Week
30.11.17 Burnbrae Christmas Fair and lights
1.12.17 Start of reverse advent (more details to follow)
2.12.17 Bonnyrigg Christmas Lights
13.12.17 Nursery nativity
14.12.17 Christmas lunch
15.12.17 P1 Nativity
18.12.17 P1RW Christmas party at Almond Valley
18.12.17 P3 party AM
18.12.17 P4 party PM
19.12.17 P1GM Christmas party at Almond Valley
19.12.17 P5 party PM
20.12.17 P1T Christmas party at Almond Valley
20.12.17 Nursery Christmas Parties
21.12.17 P2 Party AM
21.12.17 P6/7 Party PM
22.12.17 P4 -7 assembly at 9am
22.12.17 N – P3 assembly at 10:30am
Soft Start Thursday 30th November
Soft Start Wednesday 31st January
Soft Start Wednesday 28th February
Soft Start Monday 26th March
Soft Start Tuesday 24th April
Soft Start Monday 28th May
Soft Start Thursday 21st June
At the end of term we say goodbye and thank you to:-
Paula Dennis – Acting Depute Head
Lynsey McNeill – Learning Assistant
Alison Wood – Learning Assistant
Isobel Gray – Cook
In August we welcome back:-
In August we welcome new staff to Burnbrae:-
If you have any questions about the following dates please see a member of staff in Nursery. Also, please keep an eye on the school facebook page, twitter account, school website and Nursery noticeboard for any further updates.
The Outdoor day we had last week was such a success, nursery staff have decided to continue learning outside every Friday from now until the end of this term. Please could we emphasise the importance of sunscreen and sun hats. Due to council policies nursery staff are not allowed to apply sunscreen to children, so it is very important that sunscreen is applied BEFORE children come to nursery. This should happen every day but even more important on a Friday when we will be outside all session.